– Reading through Chapter 2, about Millikan’s oil drop experiment, and Rutherford’s charge experiments (calculated mass and charge of an electron).
– – Millikan – looking for animations and pHet simulations, I found these:
– – -This page has the simulation where you can collect data like Millikan, although it doesn’t give you the value of the voltage: http://www.learnerstv.com/animation/animation.php?ani=186&cat=chemistry
– – – worksheet: http://webphysics.davidson.edu/applets/pqp_preview/contents/pqp_errata/cd_errata_fixes/section4_5.html
– – – Very nice overall explanation and pictures: http://ccphysics.us/henriques/p202lab/millikan.htm
– – – Open Source Physics applet http://www.opensourcephysics.org/items/detail.cfm?ID=10710&Attached=1